Saturday, August 21, 2010

You say goodbye and I say hello (Paris)

Ma famille et moi (South Beach, Miami)



Tomorrow(or today technically) is when I depart from America and start my journey to Paris, France.  As many of you may or may not know, I will be studying abroad in Paris for the fall semester.  Aside from living in Paris, I will be traveling all around Europe from September to December.

When I'm not hopping from one European country to another, I will be taking these courses: History of Paris through an Architectural Perspective, International Business, Communications and Global Competence, Intermediate French, and The History of Haute Couture.

My classes are in one single building on Rue de Braque in the très chic section of Paris called "Le Marais."  I will be living in the 11th Arrondisment--which is on the Right Bank.  The 11th Arrondisment is busy, but has in past years been labeled as a up and coming and trendy section of The City of Lights.


  Article about the 11th
 

Three of my best friends from Elon University(where I go to school) will be studying at the Collège de Sorbonne or "The Sorbonne" for all you non-French speakers.  My friends and I have been planning out trips we'll be taking during our stay abroad--so far we've only made official plans for Oktoberfest(typical); however, we are planning on going to the Italian Riveria(Cinque Terre and other towns), London, Spain, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands--and more! Personally, I am dying to go to Prague, Vienna and also go to a Greece island(or Crete) in addition to the other places.




Although I am beyond excited to spend four months abroad, I am already missing my friends from Elon, back home and of course, my family.  Hopefully my blog will make me feel closer to the ones who are far away!  


And now for a list..


Things I'll miss from back home/Elon


1)Family, friends, my home, town and Elon's campus
2)Hearing/Speaking English
3)Football season and the World Series(Mets & Jets!)
4)CVS, Target and any other store Americans take for granted
5)Working out..le sigh
6)The US Dollar
7)XM Radio
8)Bagels and any form of Asian cuisine




I think that is all for now--please feel free to email me, text & BBM or comment on my blog posts...I will definitely be updating it and including pictures, videos, etc.




With that being said............


Au revior America, bonjour Paris!


Bisous,


Meaghan





1 comment:

  1. It's funny that much of your list of things you'll miss you've already found in Paris: We speak plenty of English; we found places to watch football; there are Asian restaurants by the bouchée; plenty of walking; and, while they may not have Target, they have GAP.

    ReplyDelete