Thursday, August 26, 2010

French Dinner Party

My roommmates and I collectively decided to make a typical French dinner tonight. For the appetizer, I decided to have some warm brie with cut up apple slices and a baguette. It was absolutely amazing, but I think I'm going to put honey on top to make it have a sweet taste to mesh with the saltyness.
For sides, we made roasted potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and provence herbs.  Then for the main course we had a salad with fresh tomatoes, balsamic dressing and a fried egg on top sunny side up. It was simple, healthy and absolutely amazing.  We chose a chardonnay for the wine--I think it was only 7 euro.

To add to the experience, I made a French musique playlist--Charles Trenet, Eartha Kitt, Madeleine Peyroux, etc.

During the day we went by the Notre Dame and walked around that area. I'll post pictures later but here is a photo of the dinner we made...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment