Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuileries Tuesday

I started classes on Lundi(Monday)--everything has been going really smoothly.  All my classes are interesting and I like all my professors. The commute is incredibly easy--I take the 9 line to Pont des Sevres, then transfer at Republique and get the 11 line to Chatalet and get off at Rambeteau, so it's about a 20 minute commute.

One of my classes--History of Haute Couture is very intriguing...my teacher is a D-I-V-A. And I mean that in the best way possible--he's really funny, petite man who is impeccibly dressed and is so fashionable.  It's an entertaining class.  And if you were wondering what his name is..it's Jean Claude. Enough said.


Today, my roommates and I got out off classes at the same time (12:45) today.  Since we had a lot of time before dinner time, we grabbed a quick lunch and proceeded to walk from the Marais all the way to the Arc de Triomphe. It's an 4 mile walk if you were curious.

First we went to see L'eglise Saint Eustache--it's incredible.  We also saw these insane apartments that looked very futuristic.  You can see them at my NEW photo website that is actually working and updated. So please click this link----->PHOTOSSSSSSSSSSS

Next stop was Le Louvre. It is massive. Clearly pictures don't do justice to the grandeur of the place.  Even admist the tourists, it a very serene setting. I think you can feel that all the activity is within the stone walls.  I took a bunch of pictures and even two videos to document the experience.  I also found myself taking photos of people getting their photo taken(they were doing awkward and ridiculous poses in front of the Pyramid at Le Louvre--I couldn't tear my eyes away from it.


From Le Louvre, we walked through the Les Tuileries. Everything is immaculately manicured and lush and so romantic. It is truely the perfect stroll(besides walking through Central Park of course).  At the end of Les Tuileries we arrived at Rue de Franklin Roosevelt--I think the four of us let out a little hooray for America when we passed it.

The Champs Elysee was chaotic and packed to the gills with every tourist from what seemed as every country in the UN.  After a long walk down the Champs we arrived at Le Arc. It was beautiful and even more stunning with a brilliant blue sky.
My friends!



Later that evening, my roommates and I made a "Taco Tuesday" dinner involving lime and salt sole(a fillet of fish) with perfectly charred tortillas(thanks Mom for showing me how to do this without burning them), and guac.  I made a side of sauteed zucchini and squash with some garlic, EVOO, salt, pepper, cilantro and cayenne. We invited our friends in the group(all guys..atleast for now!). We were going to make them get ingrediants for guac but we figured thats too confusing for guys so we made them get red wine and oranges and peaches to make sangria. At the end of the night, everything was demolished in about 10 minutes, as you can expect an college student to do. I guess we haven't mastered the "eating slowly" French custom yet.

Me being mature.

Bon soir tout le monde! (Good night everybody!)

No comments:

Post a Comment